Monday, February 25, 2013

Ungodly Hour of Inspiration

I always choose the probably most inconvenient times to find inspiration.
But here I am, at 1 a.m. finding myself overwhelmed in humanitarians and people of  illuminating inspiration.
I've found through quotes and stories that I love who I am. It's the first step, of course, in loving life and being happy. But I am wonderful. I am blissful. I am loud. And I am defiant.
I'm 20 years old, going on 21, and I constantly find myself thinking I'm "stuck" in my years of educating myself through college. Though of course college is my stepping stone to being who I will be in this world. But even when I'm done, it'll be years before I can be someone of recognition.
Even now, though, I see goals and dreams for myself in the future as to who I will be. And it's all a matter of what I'm doing now that will make me that person.
I am a  woman. White, yes. Middle class, yes. But still, in some forms, suppressed  But lord help me, if that is ever a proper excuse for not doing what I will.

Here is a list of what I've discovered about myself throughout the past few years.
1. I fear being normal and apart of the herd. I wish more than anything to be unique and different.
2. I defy authority on a regular basis.
3. I'm loud and lack the ability to hold my tongue.
4. The points I try to get across are almost always done so in far too many words.
5. I know I don't know as much as I try to lead on, but I sometimes find it hard to admit it to certain people.
6. I have interests in being too many different types of people, with too many different dreams, with too many different skills that I feel bounded by them.
7. I do or say things that I often feel I should have hesitated and thought about beforehand
8. I often involve myself in things that I hold no place in because I feel that my opinion, whether it be a new one or seconded, is needed.
9. I crave recognition.
10. I feel a need to make it clear that I believe myself to be a defiant individual in many ways.
11. I constantly am caught between being a classy woman and a reckless, bold one. Because I can't find where and if there is a line that separates the two.
12. I'm best at expressing myself or my ideas when it is something I feel passionately about.
13. I can't bring myself to believe that the world is black and white. I feel I will always believe that every human being believes themselves to be good. Whether they be tainted with bitterness or spitefulness, they still think they are doing good.
14. I will never in my whole life choose to be ignorant in any situation. I want to know the whole truth about everything. Ignorance may be bliss, but that comes with the choice to educated oneself.
15. I will always do whatever I can possibly do to break any stereotypes that I may fall within.
16. Even with all I've said, I still find myself looking back on recent situations where I'm not pleased with what I said or how I reacted.
17. I hope to never turn my head and pretend I didn't see someone who needed help, even in the most daily and average situations.
18. I wish to be always honest and open about who I am, how I feel, and what I think.
19. I regularly get exceedingly upset with daily stories and examples of intolerance, discrimination, fear in the form of anger, ignorance, and prejudices.
20. Reading is a love of mine and I cannot fathom a world where I don't have new books to discover.
21. I'm extremely curious about anything and everything. It can get me into troubling situations sometimes.


Now some of my favorite quotes I've stumbled upon tonight
“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.” -William Shakespeare
“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” - Socrates
“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” -Sylvia Plath
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." - Katharine Hepburn.
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any." – Alice Walker.
"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear."- Rosa Parks 
"The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
”It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” - Aristotle
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” - Dr. Denis Waitley
"We are what we repeatedly do" -Aristotle

And my two favorite at this moment
“I speak my mind because it hurts  to bite my tongue”
"Seduce my mind and you can have my body.  Find my soul and I’m yours forever."


That's all I really have to say....sooo yeah!
Goodnight!















No comments:

Post a Comment