Friday, September 9, 2011

Honest to God all I need is a good song to listen to and all of a sudden I want to talk(type) about deep stuff, stupid, random stuff, important issues, or you know things that don't make sense. I don't know what it is, but give me a song with a good sound to it, don't matter what the words are, and I'll just be away at that keyboard. But...let's take this a little show, please?

Anyways. So here I am at college, the good life, you know. Tonight is this crazy thing Milwaukee calls Pantherfest. Panther because that's our mascot and fest because...it's a festival. I know...their creativity is overwhelming. But any who, there's some big time performers that I, *gasp*, do not know of. Which is a big deal. Like already stated music is my thing. I love it. I ain't know music snob, ew no thanks. I won't make you feel like shit by bashing your music saying mine is better, no one like's to hear that. Music is music. Everyone dances to their own tune. Whatever floats your boat is what floats you boat. Ain't my boat, so I don't care what you got going on over there, as long as I'm still floating of course, thank you. Whoa, anyways, there's some big time rapper guy or something (rap not exactly my cup of tea) and everyone who is anybody is there. Most people I believe are going to it a little tipsy and ready to go. But I am not going. I do not know him, so not sure if I would find it very enjoyable. Going drunk is always an option for every student, but I say no thanks (even though maybe then I'd be a little more open to dancing like a freak to music I don't know). But everyone is there, except me. Who is now sitting in my room, wrapped in the softest blanket my mother could ever buy me, eating nutella on a spoon, listening to music, and job searching. You know, I'm a real party animal on my Friday nights, obviously. I'll probably spend the rest of the night giving up on the job search and resort to watching endless episodes of Modern Family (LOVE THAT SHOW). If you want something to laugh at and make you poo in your little pants, watch some Modern Family. It'll make you love your family, no matter how crazy they make you, and then make you appreciate your family for not being like theirs...well...exactly like theirs...because let's face it, just about every family relates to the family in Modern Family in one way or a few.

I don't exactly have much of anything of any importance to chat about right now. I just wanted to point out that I'm currently missing out on some big concert that I don't really care for with a lot of people drinking their livers out, then puking their livers out, because that just doesn't sound so fun to me. Hey, don't get me wrong, I like to get freaky with my friends and do stupid things, but I do stupid things in smart situations...you know? Well, maybe not. But I'm smart. I'm still a college student, don't let that slip your mind. I ain't perfect and I definitely will let my freak flag fly, but I'm smart. And that is all you need to know when it comes to the typical college life that I'm borderline living right now.

I'm also really big on www.stumbleupon.com. It's the coolest thing to me. I don't know why, but I'll be amazed by it for hours, just starting, clicking stumble, and staring some more. You basically put in your information and interests and stuff, click stumble, and it'll take you to a random website that falls within your interest. And you can just keep hitting stumble and keep going to more websites that interest you. I LOVE IT.  And it'll keep me busy for a good 3 hours.

Random
Have you ever had that one song you'll listen to over and over again and not get sick of it? And even if the words are a little harsh you just can't stop yourself from loving the beat that carries them. And the thing with me is that I mean I love the song, he is sort of singing about his girlfriend, most likely now ex girlfriend, is a slut basically. He's bashing her, saying stuff like I can't make a wife out of whore, and you were just one of many to me. Harsh, I know, not exactly boyfriend of the year. But the beat gets me going crazy. And there's nothing extremely awesome about the beat, it just clicks in my head, I don't know. It's called Choke On This by Senses Fail by the way if anyone cares. But I guess it's a good song to listen to when someone makes you feel like shit. It's sort of a personal comeback that they may never hear but you get to say mean things towards them and feel better about it.

Like I've mentioned, music is a haven of mine. Most music...some music...not all. Taylor Swift...well...that's a whole different world to me. Britney Spears...I could pretty much lay down every song she has ever sang and add some fun facts about her life in there. But Britney may be just a different subject to me than music...more like...obsession? role model? best friend? Something like that.

Well this blog has carried on far too long so this will be a good time to say farewell.

Meowwwza.

No comments:

Post a Comment